October 13, 2015

La Pecora Bianca







La Pecora Bianca is a relatively new restaurant; it opened on August 3rd of this year! La Pecora features local, beautifully plated food, and the establishment itself gives off a young/modern vibe. Pictured here are: "Pesche" (charred peaches with sheep's milk ricotta, candied lemon zest, and hazelnuts), "Melanzana" (eggplant with white nut pesto, honey capers, anchovies, and breadcrumbs), and "Galletto" (roasted chicken with hen of the woods, corn, pickled serrano chiles, and red onions). I also had the Long Island fluke "Crudo" with citruses, but I didn't take a very good picture of it...

The ideas inspiring all the dishes were sound, but the execution of the different flavors and textures had room for improvement. As with most new restaurants, I think these are simply kinks that will work themselves out once the members of the kitchen and staff have had a bit more experience working together. I look forward to seeing this restaurant progress, and I will let you guys know when I visit again!

PHOTOGRAPHY BY JACQUELINE LEE